Chris Dittmann Racing’s Ayrton Simmons was the latest driver to set a fastest ever recorded time by a BRDC British F3 car at Snetterton today (Friday), setting a 1m42.284s in the final session at the Norfolk circuit.
It’s the third session today in which the previous benchmark of 1m42.581s, set by Enaam Ahmed in 2017 has been broken, with Sasakorn Chaimongkol the first to break it in session one and Johnathan Hoggard lowering it further in session two.
Simmons’ effort was two hundredths of a second quicker than Hoggard’s session two time, and was 0.018s quicker in the final session than Chaimongkol, who posted the second fastest time of the day.
Double R’s Hampus Ericsson was an encouraging third fastest for Double R Racing, 0.171s off Simmons’ time, having topped much of the final half of the session. Fortec Motorsport driver Manuel Maldonado was fourth, a tenth further back, with Kiern Jewiss 0.015s behind in fifth for Douglas Motorsport.
Session two topper Johnathan Hoggard was sixth for Fortec, less than a tenth clear of championship leader Clement Novalak (Carlin), with Double R’s Neil Verhagen half a tenth behind in eighth.
Carlin duo Kaylen Frederick and Lucas Petersson completed a top-10 covered by just over six tenths of a second, with Nazim Azman (Chris Dittmann Racing) and Benjamin Pedersen (Douglas) also within a second of the fastest time.
In the combined times, an incredible 0.019s covered the top-three drivers of Simmons, Chaimongkol and Hoggard, while 0.412s covered the top-eight. Full times are shown below.
The BRDC British F3 field are next back in action tomorrow with qualifying at 11.10 UK time.
BRDC British F3 Championship, Snetterton Friday session four result:
1. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, 1m42.284s
2. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.018s
3. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +0.171s
4. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.276s
5. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.291s
6. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec Motorsports, +0.438s
7. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.525s
8. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +0.577s
9. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.601s
10. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +0.636s
11. Nazim Azman, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.755s
12. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +0.799s
13. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +1.324s
14. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +1.530s
15. Kris Wright, Fortec Motorsports, +1.555s
16. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +1.825s
Friday test sessions combined result:
1. Ayrton Simmons, Chris Dittmann Racing, 1m42.284s (session 4)
2. Sasakorn Chaimongkol, Hillspeed, +0.018s (session 4)
3. Johnathan Hoggard, Fortec, +0.019s (session 2)
4. Hampus Ericsson, Double R Racing, +0.171s (session 4)
5. Clement Novalak, Carlin, +0.182s (session 2)
6. Kiern Jewiss, Douglas Motorsport, +0.196s (session 3)
7. Manuel Maldonado, Fortec Motorsports, +0.225s (session 2)
8. Neil Verhagen, Double R Racing, +0.270s (session 2)
9. Kaylen Frederick, Carlin, +0.412s (session 2)
10. Lucas Petersson, Carlin, +0.636s (session 4)
11. Benjamin Pedersen, Douglas Motorsport, +0.680s (session 1)
12. Nazim Azman, Chris Dittmann Racing, +0.755s (session 4)
13. Ulysse De Pauw, Douglas Motorsport, +1.142s (session 1)
14. Pavan Ravishankar, Double R Racing, +1.202s (session 2)
15. Kris Wright, Fortec Motorsports, +1.555s (session 4)
16. Josh Mason, Lanan Racing, +1.825s (session 4)